For those of you who are not aware of the show, be grateful you don't know about it!!! Just kidding! It is not as bad as the Teletubbies, but it is a little similar to that, although the characters in Yo Gabba Gabba actually talk and teach kids songs, good manners, and respect.
This past Saturday we had Jaxson's party! It was a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Theme! We had a ton of fun! If you haven't seen the show then you might be a little confused with the games that we came up with but for those of you who are familiar with the show you will-I hope-enjoy reading all that we did to entertain the kids-Mickey Park Style!!
First the kids came and enjoyed the snow cones that we made on a snow cone machine that we had rented! Then once everybody showed up and had a chance to eat some pizza, I had all of the kids go and find pictures of all of the Clubhouse characters-mickey, minnie, goofy, etc....then we had taken one of the pictures and put it in our neighbors backyard shed, so of course they couldn't find it, so we called for "tootles" (which was Nikolas on a scooter with all of the tools on posterboard - that eric made!- that we would need for the party!) to help us see the picture of minnie! The tools to help us were scissors, binoculars and a mystery mousketool! So of course the kids guessed the binoculars as the tool that would help us look at the picture of minnie!
I then read a letter that naughty "Pete" had left for Jaxson saying: "I couldn't stay for your birthday party but I wanted to play a trick on you, so I took your pinata and hid it! You have to find it! It is in a brown box with a blue ribbon! Good Luck, Pete" Jaxson looked so confused, but once he realized that as long as we could find the box that had the pinata in it, everything would be ok!!! The kids found the box, but then they were not able to open it because I had wrapped the ribbon to tight, sooooooooo we called for "tootles" for the last time!! The tool that the kids had to use to get it open were the scissors, and it worked! And the kids were able to pull the strings all together and get the candy and toys that fell out!! ( I like the pull string pinatas so much better than the ones that you have to hit open! They are a lot less dangerous, and everyone gets to pull a string at the same time!)
Here are the kids checking out the Mousketools! Here is our friend Ed holding up the pinata! He is so tall, so it was nice to have him there to hold the pinata for us!!!! He was happy to know that it was a pull string and not one that you have to bat at!!!!!
Just for fun, we hid dog bones in a sand box and I had the kids look for the bones for Pluto....but every time they found a bone they had to bark.....it was actually pretty hilarious to hear how many varieties of barking we had going on in our backyard!!!! The kids seemed to really enjoy the party! Jax did especially! He got a lot of fun things! He was extremely excited about all of his Yo Gabba Gabba toys that we gave in to buying for him, his new set of drums and some Mickey Mouse legos!
We are so lucky to have such a fun, energetic, smart, lovable, entertaining and sassy little boy!!! Even though it may be hard at times, I really enjoy being his mommy! It is truly a new adventure every day!!
Happy Birthday Buddy! I love you!!!!!




6 comments:
That looks like a great party! Carter loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!! Hey, I have changed my blog address to nathanandsarahthompson.blogspot.com
Happy Birthday Jaxson!
Happy Birthday Jax! Allison the party sounds amazing and you had so many great ideas. great tip on the pull string pinata I will remember that for when we want to use a pinata for kids.
-Eva
You are sooo awesome - to come up with that idea - amazing. Yes I know Yo Gabba Gabba and MM Clubhouse!!!!! Looks like fun :) See you in CA :)
What a fun party! I'm sure that the kids loved it!! Great ideas Alison! :)
Happy Birthday Jaxon. I can't believe he's four already! Boy time flies. The looks like so much fun. Good job, as usual.
Happy birthday Jax! Geez that sounds like you are a much more creative mom than me!!! I didn't realize that a kids party involves so much but those were great ideas and I'm sure they had a blast.
Post a Comment