Monday, January 12, 2009

Another Surgery........

OK, so the last time that we were at the ENT, Nikolas ended up getting his tonsils out......well I took Jax and Kenzy to have the fluid checked in their ears and after an extremely long wait, (the kids were totally awesome while we waited, which I was sooooo grateful for!!) the doctor told me that it would be in their best interest to get tubes in their ears, and Jaxson should also get his adenoids taken out because the fluid has not decreased and Kenzy's ears are not clearing up from consistant ear infections that she has had.... :(
I was not so happy to make a quick decision to go along with this surgery, but we eventually said OK and they are both getting tubes and Jax will get his adenoids taken out THIS wednesday.
You know, it took forever to get an appointment with the ENT, but to get the kids in to have this surgery, wow, it was a couple days!!!!! Go Figure!!!!
Eric and I are looking forward to Jaxson being able to hear us now without yelling or turning on the tv volume really loud, and we are really looking forward to Makenzy not pulling or hitting her ears because of pain.....hopefully this will help her constant runny nose too!!!!
We are hoping that Jax doesn't have a ton of hearing loss after having this surgery....the doctor has notified us that he could have some hearing loss from all of the fluid built up in those little ears for so long....
We are hoping and praying for the best!!!!!! Wish us luck!!!!!

2 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

Good luck! I loved my ear infection free years when I had tubes as a kid. Let us know if you wnat dinner brought in Wed or even later in the week.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well on Wednesday.