Jaxson and Makenzy successfully came through their surgeries without any problems!!!
Jaxson is adenoidless and has tubes in his ears, and Makenzy has tubes in her ears now!!!
It was not fun seeing them be put to sleep in the operating room, but they did ok-although, Jax did put up a fight with the anesthesia mask.
The experience at the Reagan Surgery Center in Los Alamitos was amazing.....I totally packed a bag of stuff for the kids to do----crayons, leapster, silly putty-and Jaxson's surprise, which was a Greg and Steve CD with books----mainly because I wanted to keep them occupied and their minds off of where we were....but the nurse came in to get us before I was even done with our paperwork! It was a great surprise!!!
When we got to the back, the kids got changed into their hospital gowns, they were given their cool masks that they were going to use to put them out :(-they enjoyed playing with those, and one of the nurses made cool boy and girl balloons out of the surgical gloves for each of the kids! Jaxson was impressed with the artwork!! And of course I didn't bring my camera......I did think about bringing it, but then I didn't want to make a bigger deal out of it, because I knew that Jax was really uneasy about the whole thing!
Kenzy was out of surgery and waking up right before I took Jax into surgery, luckily daddy was there to comfort her while I was with Jax in the operating room! Then about 20 minutes later here comes Jax rolling into the recovery room----it all happened so fast, I barely had time to go to the bathroom!!!!!!!
Our brave little ones are back to normal after a rough morning!!! Kenzy is still her sassy, funny self again-actually she was back to herself in the recovery room---she was dancing, playing catch with daddy and her glove balloon, and helping Jaxson walk with his IV pole!! Jaxson has a bit of a sore throat, and his hand hurts a little bit from the IV, but he has already eaten pancakes and is asking me for some more food right now!! The best part though is, when we got home, Eric put on Wall-E for Jax and the volume is usually up to 23 or higher for him to hear it, and it was only on 14 and he heard it well!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!
So, I have decided that if any of us need to have a same day surgery/procedure again, we will definetly be going to this place!! The staff made our super nervous kids feel so comfortable as well as us!!! We love Jax and Kenzy so much and we were happy to feel extra love today as we went through a rough experience-even though it was probably harder on mommy and daddy than it was on the kids!!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
That is such great news. I was keeping you and the family in my prayers all day. I am glad everything went so smoothly. See you sunday!
Glad to hear the kids are ok. It's always scary to have surgery - let alone surgery for your kids! Sometimes it's really hard to be a Mom! Hopefully the rest of the New Year brings good tidings to your house! love from Temecula!
That's the same place Nate & Ally had their surgery (Nate's tonsils & Ally's tubes). They do a good job there. I'm glad that everything went well and that Jaxon can hear now. How nice for you. I bet he's surprised to hear some new sounds now.
OK so how much down time did you have with the kids after surgery? Paige has to have this same surgery in the next few weeks and we do not know what to expect.... any details you could provide would be great!!
Post a Comment