Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Nikolas AND Happy Thanksgiving Too!

Today Nikolas turned 7 years old! Where has the time gone? WOW! I am still in denial that my little bear is growing up!
Even though Nikolas loves school, he was very excited to not have to go on his birthday, he just wanted to "hang out" at home-that is, until we went to my mom's for Thanksgiving dinner! We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast thanks to Pillsbury Rolls!! They were deeeeelicious!! After that Nik opened up his presents.......he got a few DS games from Mommy, a Spongebob Lego set from Kenzy-(she enjoys collecting all of his little lego pieces-I keep an eye on her though, of course!), an Idog, a Boom Box from Jax and a remote control FJ Cruiser from Daddy! He was so happy to get all of the things that he wanted!



In the afternoon we went over to my mom's house for our Thanksgiving Feast and there, Nikolas got even more presents! I made him a Spongebob Cake to celebrate with the family!
That thing took me FOREVER to decorate! Now I know why I never went into being a cake decorator!!!!! Even though it took awhile, I was happy with the end product, because Nik was happy with it! Maybe if I do more of these character cakes, I will become faster!! Oh, wait, this was MY FIRST AND MY LAST character cake-at least for a VEEEERY long time!!!!!!
While at my mom's house, Nikolas opened up his presents from my mom and dad, and my sister "titi"-who celebrates her birthday today too!! Happy Birthday TITI!!!!!
Nik was excited to get another Spongebob Lego set, some clothes, a really cool hummer, and other cool stuff!!!
Our family had a great dinner, and Nikolas said that he had a really fun day! When we got home tonight, he looked at me and said "I felt like a king today"-my heart just melted!
We feel so incredibly blessed to have Nikolas as our son! He is an amazing brother to Jaxson and Makenzy! Nikolas is always willing to help when he is needed; he is such a very smart, funny, caring, and loving little guy! We love you Nik!!!

3 comments:

b + j = calculus said...

happy birthday to nik! i miss his sweet little face! grace said yesterday, i want to go back to california so i can be with my friends. i said, which friends do you want to see. well, her one and only answer was... jaxson... of course. we miss you guys!

Dan and Cat said...

Happy Birthday Nik! It sounds like you had an amazing day with your family!!! Great job on that cake, Alison. Kudos to you for taking it on!! :)

EvaMarieva said...

Happy Belated Birthday Nik! I loved teaching you and am amazed at how smart and helpful you are always. I am glad you had a great birthday!