Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Our Trip To Utah

When we got the invitation for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary party I was bummed out that we probably wouldn't be able to make it. But last week I realized that Nikolas had off Monday and Tuesday from school, for Veteran's Day and a non-student day! So, we decided to take a road trip to Spanish Fork, Utah!! I haven't been there for a few years, and I don't think that the kids have ever been there, so they were super excited to go and visit!

We started up on friday after school, and stopped and stayed with my sister in Las Vegas for the night! That was fun, the kids love their TiTi and playing with her dogs-even though they are allergic to them-they are such animal lovers!!!
Then on Saturday morning, we continued our road trip! The kids were so good in the car and enjoyed movies and music along the way! That night, when we arrived, we went to my Aunt Clarice and Uncle Lloyd's Anniversary Celebration! That was super fun to see family that we haven't seen for awhile! The kids were pooped though, so we ended up leaving around 7:30, Utah time-that whole one hour thing totally screwed me up too!!!!!! And we went to our hotel and went swimming in the indoor pool that they had! We had so much fun, and the kids were sawing logs all night from exhaustion!!!!!

When we got up, we went over to my Aunt and Uncle's house to see some horses and hang out for the day! The kids were so excited to ride on a horse, and see other farm animals!
Hello, we live in California, the only horses we see, are the ones the kids ride at the pumpkin patch every year!!! My little Cousin Aliza took the kids each for a ride on her horse!!! Thank you Aliza!!

There were also a ton of leaves in their backyard, so my aunt put us to work and all of us raked up the leaves into a huge mound! The boys totally enjoyed jumping in the middle of the leaves, then raking them back up, then jumping in again! They were sweating like crazy, Jax even took off his jacket for awhile because he was so hot!!!


Can you see Nikolas????

Where's Jaxson...

There's Makenzy! You can't miss her with all of that pink that she is wearing!!!!


Here they are in the middle of the pile!!!! They are so cute in winter clothes-which I had to go out and buy because, as i was packing, I realized that we don't have any "cold clothes!" It has been so hot here in Sunny Southern California, that we have only worn our sweatshirts a few times so far this winter!!!
My cousin Eric, set up some straw for us to sit on for a family photo! I say straw, because we got a lesson on the difference of hay and straw from his super smart son, Hunter, and what we were sitting on was not hay, even though it totally looked like hay!!!

That afternoon-my cousin Eric and his family took us to a store called Cabelas! It is a store for the hunting lover!!! The kids looooooved it! They had an aquarium with humungous fish, a shooting range, kind of like the ones at knott's berry farm, and they had a ton of "stuffed" wild animals in exhibits! I wasn't too happy to learn that the animals that were "stuffed" were alive once, but I just kept walking past them!!!! They were pretty amazing though!! We got the kids popping guns and they were excited to try those out!!!


Jaxson and I sat by a Moose! It was huuuuuge! I don't think that it was real one!!!! It was too squishy, like a stuffed animal!!!!!!
While at the store, I was able to meet up with my best friend, Monica, from Elementary School! She just got married and I called her to let her know that we were going to be in town and she was able to come and meet Eric and the kids! It was really cool to be able to see her after all of these years and catch up a little!!!!

That evening, we went over to Eric and Lori's house to visit! Their kids, Hunter, Sterling, and Sumerlyn are so much fun to play with! The kids had a ball sliding on their hardwood floors on a sleeping bag!! Kenzy thought that it was so funny too!!!!! My cousin Eric, plays the piano and the kids enjoyed some primary music! Then when we were getting ready to leave, Hunter decided to give the boyz a double hug and pick them up at the same time!!! It was really cute!! Sumerlyn even joined in on the lifting too!!!
On Monday, we decided to make the trip back home! We were determined to make it all in one day, and we did!!! The kids were awesome-thank goodness for the tv in the van, good kid music and munchies!!!
It was really fun taking a road trip with the kids!! They are very well behaved and so much fun to be around! They say the funniest things at such random times -like when Jax yelled out "my brain just hatched an idea" while listening to music!! My job as their mommy is so much fun and I learn so much from them every day!!!!

5 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

Looks like Utah was a blast. I love the leaves picture so fthe kids. We did mis you on Sunday but a road trip is always worth the memories when you can take them.

Anonymous said...

How much fun you guys had!!! I'm glad you had such a great time. If I'd have known you were here, we could have driven down to see you. I'm sure your schedule was pretty booked though.

b + j = calculus said...

your trip looks lovely! the pictures in the leaves are the best! love you!

Erin said...

That sounds like so much fun. I love the leaves pictures. And I love that Jax's brain hatched an idea! Classic.

Allison said...

Fun pics from a fun trip! :)